HEVC SDK 8.0
MainConcept® HEVC/H.265 SDK, the optimal solution for developers wanting to support HEVC in their own software or applications has just been significantly enhanced. By adding support for 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors it offers hardware accelerated performance in addition to high quality software HEVC/H.265 encoding. The HEVC/H.265 Decoder has been extended to support 4:2:2 10-bit sampling. These new features add to the existing encoding and decoding support for 4:2:0 8-bit Main and Main 10 profiles, BT.2020 enhanced color gamut as well as SMPTE-2084 HDR-10.
Learn more >>
The encoder enables real-time encoding up to 4K60 for Main and Main 10 profiles, and includes pre-configured templates for DivX® HEVC 720p, 1080p and 4K profiles, while the decoder offers faster than real-time playback in various profiles and levels supported in the standard – up to 4K60.
For solutions using adaptive formats for digital delivery, such as DivX Plus Streaming™, MPEG-DASH or Apple’s HLS, MainConcept offers SABET™, the patent-pending Smart Adaptive Bitrate Encoding Technology that enables efficient accelerated encoding across profiles. SABET, which allows encoding of up to 10 high-quality output streams from a single source, effectively provides software programmers the ability to reduce encoding time.
MainConcept HEVC technology is available throughout all of DivX’s content creation tools, including TotalCode™ the premier, highly scalable transcoding application, and MainConcept SDKs with DivX® HEVC profiles.
- Choose from available MainConcept HEVC SDK packages: HEVC SDK, HEVC SDK with SABET and HEVC Decoder SDK.
- Access a codec that can offer up to 50 percent reduced bitrate at the same quality when compared to AVC/H.264.
- Maximize transcoding resources with SABET and reduce encoding time by over 30 percent.
- Offload encoding from CPU to GPU when running on a 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processor
- Enjoy support for Windows, Mac and Linux (32- and 64-bit) and ARMv7 platforms (iOS and Android, via HEVC Decoder).
- Target next-generation HDTV displays and content capture systems featuring progressive scanned frames and display resolutions from QVGA up to 1080p and Ultra HDTV.
- Utilize a HM 16.2 compliant encoder and decoding support for all HM 16.2, and HM 14 anchor streams.